Premier Orlando Shopping Destination Enhancing Customer Experience in Time for 30th Anniversary
The Florida Mall will undergo a significant interior and exterior makeover, mall officials announced Tuesday. These improvements will enrich the guest experience, seamlessly blending with the design concepts found within the recently completed Dining Pavilion and exterior Plaza. The announcement comes as The Florida Mall celebrates its 30th anniversary this year.
Scheduled to begin in May, the improvements will create a brighter, more inviting atmosphere inside the center. Overall, The Florida Mall will be modernized with a timeless color palette and clean architectural lines.
Additional plans include:
- More than a dozen new or enhanced seating lounges throughout the property featuring mobile device charging stations and upgraded furniture, giving shoppers the opportunity to relax and recharge in a comfortable space during shopping breaks.
- Improved lighting throughout the center with illuminated ceiling fixtures featuring state-of-the-art LED lighting, expanded sky lights, and raised ceilings to maximize the property’s existing natural light.
- New neutral tile flooring in light tones throughout the center, along with upgraded and remodeled mall entrances.
- Colorful, resort-style landscaping improvements incorporating native Florida plants and additional palm trees at all four property entrances.
- Updated way-finding signage to further assist shoppers in locating a store, restaurant or entertainment venue.
The dramatic enhancements will also include a new, experiential play area located in the wing by Crayola Experience and Dick’s Sporting Goods. The immersive playscape will be designed to promote creative play among children ranging in age from toddler to early elementary. A social environment for kids and parents, the play area will include interactive and multi-sensory elements like soft-touch floor matting, sculptural climbing features, adult and kid-friendly seating, and more. Further details about this exciting new addition will be announced in the near future.
“This renovation is a culmination of the substantial investments we have made in the center over the years, most recently with our premier Dining Pavilion,” said Brian Hanson, General Manager at The Florida Mall. “These enhancements are designed with families, retailers and our shoppers in mind, and we look forward to sharing this new and refined shopping experience with the community.
Construction activity is expected to be complete by spring 2017. The property and its retailers will remain open and operating throughout the project. The architects on this project are GH+A Design and Cuhaci & Peterson, and the General Contractor is VCC.